How To Rekindle Your Passion For Technology
It’s no secret: the pace of technology is accelerating. Massive technological change and increasing globalization have created a pervasive sense of overload. Technology appears to be speeding everything up. In fact, it’s estimated that the rate of knowledge explosion itself will soon double even faster. Currently, it’s doubling every year. It is soon expected to double every twelve hours.
This rapid change and complexity can make you feel that you can’t keep up. Fortunately, there are some websites that focus on making you more efficient, improving your business and social life, and helping you unwind after a busy day. By using these websites and apps, you can use technology to start feeling on top of your life again.
Technology that Help You Relax and Unwind
To ease yourself back into technology, let’s look at some ways to use it for something fun and relaxing.
1. Gaming. Games can be an escape from the real world and its daily stress. The Secret World, for example, is a huge multiplayer online role-playing video game. It’s set in a modern-day environment. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to keep the world safe from evil creatures with magical powers.
2. Chatting. While social media is often promoted as an opportunity to build relationships with customers, it still remains a place where people can meet and share views. Usually, just like in the real world, you’ll end up with like-minded friends online. So Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and even LinkedIn are great places to hang out when you just feel like chatting with someone.
3. Free Music. You can listen to your favorite music online from Tristancafe, Esnips, and Imeem.
4. Amusing Videos. Naturally, the first thing you might think of is YouTube, but there are other places too where you can watch clips, movies, TV shows, and funny skits. Look at sites like Veoh, Metacafe, HolyLemon, and Stupide videos for a fun time and a good laugh.
Technology That Makes You More Efficient
1. Spreeder can teach you how to read faster. With all the things we need to know to stay abreast in our field, this is a good thing. In fact, it may even be an essential thing.
2. Fiverr and TaskRabbit help you outsource cheaply. Fiverr provides digital services while TaskRabbit gives you the chance to hire a temporary assistant. If you need someone to help you design a new logo, but don’t want to pay for an expensive graphic designer, Fiverr is your best friend.
3. Dropbox and WeTransfer help you to share massive files. Sometimes files are too big to send via email. If you don’t have a website to upload your information on, you’re stuck. These websites help solve that problem.
Technology that Improves Your Business and Social Life
1. Doodle helps you to schedule work or social gatherings. Basically, it’s a website that helps people coordinate schedules to find a time that works for everyone. The people you contact inform you of the days and times that work best for the get together, the program does the rest.
2. Pipl helps you get personal contact information about people that you forgot to ask for when you were talking to them. You can get personal information like phone numbers, addresses, and their social media nicknames.
3. Evernote is good for all sorts of organizational tasks. This includes helping you keep track of the people you meet at a social event. By taking a digital image of business cards, you can eliminate the bother of collecting cards or the tedium of rewriting out their information into a Rolodex file. It’s also easy to carry all your contact information on your smartphone. The information is easy to find because of a great search engine that allows you to track down a person by name or the place where they work.